Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How to be Cool.

My boyfriend is cool. Yes, I am probably biased, but he really is.  I am not cool.  I am okay with that, and I have come to accept that.  I am not writing this to be like "aww feel bad for Laura" because I know I am not cool.  There are just some people that are wired with just freaking awesome brains, and my boyfriend is one of those. There are also those people that pretend to be cool but really are just putting on a show.  I think we should just all accept the fact that not everyone can be cool.  Yeah, we all have different or unique qualities about us that can make us interesting or fun or funny or nice or whatever but not everyone can be cool. I looked up what made someone cool just because I was curious what the internet would say, and I found these five factors.  I mean I think these factors are true, but my point is that I just think some people are cooler than others.  I can't even describe what I think coolness is but to me it's when someone can just be sitting there and just by looking at them you know they are awesome. 
  1. Self Belief and Confidence: Have a strong internal locus of control and are not afraid to be themselves no matter the social situation.

  2. Defying Convention: Will be in careers that are born out of true passion (human rights, sciences, the arts) and will follow their passions - even if unconventional

  3. Understated Achievement: Successful but not overly showy. Further they regulate their outward expressiveness. They appear in control and not overly 'emotional'.

  4. Caring For Others: Broad-minded and sensitive

  5. Energy and Sociability: Get out there. 

 This might be one of the weirdest posts, but it is just what has been on my mind the past couple days. Brains/People/Personalities are so crazy.  But hey, if you are all worried about not being cool anymore I also found 19 steps on how to be cool. http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Cool   If you aren't born with a cool brain just use these steps from wikihow and I am SURE you will learn how to be cool.  

.......................What the hell am I even talking about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment